Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Surprise! Surprise



I finally got my quilt done and on my bed. As most of my family knows this project has been going for YEARS! It was a quilt block of the month that I could never get over to do each month. I had talked my sister in law, Barbara King into getting one too, so she started her blocks and then spent hours for two different years helping me get my blocks done and the quilt pieced together. Without her help and making me pick out and redo many blocks it would never be done. Then it took me over 9 months to quilt but every stitch in it is mine. Another big thanks goes to Gail Nye who helped me put the quilt on the frames to quilt it and taught me how to do the binding. Next my sweet husband painted our bedroom by himself the colors that matched the quilt! I have said that this quilt will be on my bed until the day I die and that I will never try to do another quilt this hard! It is done--miracles do happen!

4 comments:

Dorian and Angie said...

It looks awesome. That is a huge accomplishment. I probably would have given up long ago. You know that when you do go you better be very specific about where it goes because if your not there will be a family feud!!!! We should probably just send it with you! I appreciate your example because you always finish what you start no matter how long it takes. We love you.

Kami said...

Hey mom, it looks really great!!

The Bartschi's said...

It is beautiful! You did an amazing job!!

Harris said...

wow!! You are amazing Donna...and so ambitious! I LOVE looking at a project that took so long to accomplish...but is So rewarding! it is beautiful!